From Adrienne Weiss
These easy-to-prepare vegan blueberry scones make a great breakfast treat. Or, grab one or two when on-the-go. Yum!
Makes 10 scones
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups whole wheat spelt or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold pressed oil
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup (for brushing) agave nectar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- *1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spray very lightly with oil.
- Place flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix. Add oil, 1/3 cup agave nectar, water and vanilla and mix for 30 seconds. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Drop large spoonfuls of dough onto cookie sheet and bake for 9 minutes. Remove from oven and brush each scone with agave nectar. Continue to bake for an additional 8 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
*Frozen wild blueberries work beautifully when fresh berries are out of season.