Labeling GMOS in ABQ!

Picture1

Albuquerque Approves Memorial for GMO Labeling By Eleanor Bravo, Southwest Organizer Food and Water Watch On May 19, Albuquerque City Council voted unanimously in favor of a city memorial calling for the mandatory labeling of genetically…

Growing the Local Food System

Nolinas

La Montañita Fund and Nolina’s Heavenly Organics By Nolina Bryant I wish to express my gratitude to the La Montañita FUND loan for my farm. Thanks to the loan I could manage the cash flow to accomplish…

Suing Europe Over Pesticide Ban

bee2

Sum Of US: Suing Europe Over Bee Saving Pesticide Ban Stop the Bayer/Syngenta Lawsuit Bayer is suing the European Commission to overturn a ban on the pesticides that are killing millions of bees around the world….

Summer Skin Care

2014-07-09Sunscreen

Summer Skin Care By Valerie Smith, Nob Hill Store Team Leader I’m frequently told that I have beautiful skin– and while the flattery is nice, my skin looks like it does because I take care of…

Co-op Connection News July, 2014

2014-07-CCN

Co-op Connection News July, 2014 We are independent! At La Montanita we believe true independence comes from vibrant connections to our community, environment, and economy. As a co-op, we rely on our neighbor farmers, regional ranchers…

Coyona Peruvian French Roast from Equal Exchange

2014-06-18Coyoan

Peru Naturals Exclusively at La Montañita Co-op for $7.99/lb Bringing the coffee farmers’ private reserve coffee to co-op shoppers Cooperativa José Gabriel Condorcanquí of Coyona, Peru by Tom Wilde, Equal Exchange Over the years visiting with…

2014-06-11-VolIcecreamSoc

Volunteer @ the Santa Fe Solstice Celebration

Natural Value Paper Products on Sale

2014-06-NaturalValuePaper

Picnic and Party Supplies on Sale! Whether it’s sandwich bags free of PVCs, waxed-paper bags made from unbleached fiber, or scrubbers made from natural walnut shells, Natural Value makes sure their paper and plastic products are…

You Own It (Survey)

2014-06-OwnerSurvey

Owner Survey Fill out the Owner Survey today and save 15% on your next shopping trip. Not a member yet? Become one on your next shopping trip, then share your  $.02! Start the Survey Here!

Co-op Connection News June, 2014

2014-06-CCN-Cover

Co-op Connection News June, 2014 In this issue we celebrate the birds and bees because its National Pollinator Month. We also give a nod to all the great Dad’s out there, and encourage you to participate…