Frequently Asked Questions
How do I join the Co-op?
- Fill out a Membership Application at the Information Desk at any Co-op location or download and print here (71 KB PDF).
- Give application and Driver's License to Information Desk.
- Pay your membership dues at the cash register. Annual membership fee is $15 per household of up to three (3) adults who share a kitchen. Lifetime membership is $200.
- Return to Information Desk with your cash register receipt to receive your Co-op Membership I.D. Card
Who can shop at Co-op?
Everyone is welcome to shop at La Montañita Co-op Natural Foods Markets. You do not have to be a member to shop at the Co-op.
But if you do become a member, you'll enjoy a number of benefits. When you become a member you become an owner of the Co-op. Membership is Ownership.
What does "Membership is Ownership" mean?
La Montanita Co-op is a consumer owned business that is owned by nearly 14,000 members. We believe our business model provides a form of economic democracy that is more just and brings greater transparency to the communities we serve. As a member/owner you can have a say in how you think the business should serve our community. There are many ways a member can participate. Click here to Get Involved !
What do I support by being a Co-op Member?
- Socially responsible, local ownership
- Keep your money in the local economy
- Accountability to those it serves
- A stable market for local farmers and producers
- Sustainable and organic regional/local agriculture
- A vision of a sustainable economy and future
- Support of Co-ops throughout the region
How much is a Membership?
$15 annual fee
A one-time payment of $200 for a Lifetime Membership.
At $1.25 per month, our Membership fee is a great deal!
Is the cheetah really the fastest land mammal?