Sweet deals on
Coupons, News, Menus, Recipes, Rewards!
Download today to get all that's fresh at the Co-op.
|Global Ends Policy|
La Montanita Co-op’s Global Ends Policy
Over the years an increased awareness of good Co-op governance and community restoration and sustainablility has lead many organizations to re-think and re-name their mission and visions statements. Currently the Co-op uses what it calls our Ends Policies. These consist of a Global Ends Policy and a series of sub-ends policies. These policies are regularly re-assessed by the Board of Directors.
La Montanita Global Ends Policy is:
A cooperative community based in the shared benefits of healthy food, sound environmental practices and a strengthened local economy with results that justify the resources used.
Our Sub Ends are:
1. Increased access to, and purchase of healthy foods.
2. A growing regenerative agriculture sector that uses sound environmental practices.
3. A thriving and sustainable local economy that benefits members and community.
4. A strengthened co-operative community.
Cooperatives are based on the values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equity and solidarity. In the tradition of their founders, cooperative members believe in the ethical values of honesty, openness, social responsibility and caring for others.
1. Voluntary and Open Membership