Marketing Internship Opportunity
12 weeks (For Credit)
As New Mexico’s largest community-owned natural and organic food market, La Montañita Co-op is working toward building a greater brand awareness in the natural and organic retail food space. While promoting the company’s retail brand, it is essential to grow La Montañita’s civic brand as well. We are committed to strengthening the local economy through our community programs and our support of local non-profit organizations by donating funds, food and other resources. We believe in the shared benefits of healthy food, sound environmental practices and a strong local economy.
Are you ready for a challenge that will leave you with real-world experience and an in-depth understanding of working with an in-house Marketing Department? We invite you to be a part of the La Montañita Marketing Team. We promote tantalizing food from the best of the best in the sustainable, natural and organic food industry, with a focus on LOCAL food and LMC’s dedication to community impact.
Our small but mighty Marketing Team consists of just three people: Marketing Director, Senior Graphic Designer and Digital Communication Coordinator. We work closely together, and as the Marketing Intern you will be brought into the fold. The only coffee and donuts you’ll be picking up would be for yourself!
• Currently enrolled at UNM pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with an Advertising, Marketing, Communications and/or Business focus.
• Self-starter with a get-up-and-go ‘tude who isn’t afraid to ask questions
• Things move pretty quickly around here, so your ability to adapt and change direction is essential
• Word-smithery, AKA excellent writing skills to produce internal and external communications
• Adobe Creative Suite and design experience
• Microsoft Office savvy
• Organized and resourceful
• Store Materials Request Fulfillment
• Social Media Strategy Collaboration
• Event Planning and Execution Assistance
• Sponsorship and Donation Request Coordination
• New Mexico Living Sponsorship Coordination
• Store Signage and Stickers Inventory
• Website Content Development
• Copy, Art & Digital creation
• Attend Weekly Marketing Team Meeting
• Team Store Walks
• Other Duties as assigned
What You’ll Get
• Understand what/how an in-house Marketing Team works
• Portfolio Examples
• Relationships with local media vendors
So, if you have an affinity for the color electric salmon, creating deliciously fun content and working with a team of eclectic but totally dedicated creatives, we want you to apply to be our Marketing Intern for Summer 2017.
How to Apply
If you’re interested and meet these requirements, send the following to email@example.com by Friday, May 5 for consideration:
• Cover Letter
• 2 Letters of Recommendations (1 faculty, 1 personal or professional)
• 3 work samples (2 writing, 1 design)